woensdag 16 april 2014

I'm Back!

Follow me on Instagram: @charlhxo

Super original title, but yes, I'm back! I haven't blogged since last summer and have to admit I really didn't feel like blogging anymore. I grew really tired of the whole blogging community and just didn't feel like doing it anymore. I started a new course at uni, which has been taking up a lot if my time. I've been really loving the course though, and I'm so happy I decided to do this! I've also been working, so you can imagine how busy I've been. Nevertheless, my love of makeup didn't fade away and I've been experimenting a lot.
I have a feeling this post is going to be all over the place, since there are so many thoughts in my head that I'm trying to write down. Over the past couple of months I kinda stopped reading (beauty) blogs en watching beauty related YouTube videos. I don't know why, but I think it was just a phase. I really think that you sometimes need to take a break from something you've been obsessing over for such a long time, and I definitely think it has helped me a lot. I feel more refreshed, and because I stopped blogging for such a long time, I now really can't wait to start again! I missed having a creative outlet.
As you can see in the little Instagram collage above, I got myself a Nintendo 3DS and I've been obsessing over it so much. I got the limited edition Animal Crossing one and also got Pokémon Y for Christmas, and I've basically played those games non-stop during my Christmas break. I think that's also why I kinda grew tired of beauty; I discovered the online gaming community and kinda converted to watching Let's Play's on YouTube. This probably sounds really lame haha, but I've always been a 'gamer' (I hate calling myself that, I don't know why!) and I enjoy it very much.
I've also been studying and doing uni projects non-stop. I've passed all of my exams so far (even Statistics!!) and I'm sooooo happy because of that. I guess you can say that I was really insecure about myself because I quit my uni course last year and I thought I just wasn't cut out for uni. Goes to show that when you really enjoy something and you work really really hard you can achieve anything you want! (It's pretty ironic that I'm procrastinating uni work while writing this... haha). Since the school year is coming to an end and summer is coming up, I don't have that much work to do for uni anymore and I have a lot of days off, so I now have more time to start blogging again!
I've also been trying to eat healthier and I've been really loving oatmeal with almond milk, bananas and cinnamon for breakfast. I also started to choose healthier snacks and I'm trying to stop having late-night binges- well, they're not really binges, but I always crave chocolate at night and can't restrain myself, which is not really healthy! I've also started to work out again and I'm feeling so much better for it.
So I guess that's all for now. I'm sorry this post was all over the place and not very interesting, but I'm really excited to start blogging again! I really need a creative outlet since my uni course is quite 'science-y' and not very creative. This blog isn't going to be all about beauty though, I also want to make it a little bit more personal. I think the biggest reason I stopped blogging was because I found it quite weird, and quite frankly a little bit embarrassing that people I know in real life read my blog. I don't know why but I still think most people think it's a pretty weird thing to do! One thing I'm working on is improving my self-confidence and not comparing myself to others, so I just thought I'd start this little blog up again. I like it, so why do I have to care about what other people think? I even un-privated (not quite sure if that's how you say it, but bear in mind that English isn't my first language!) my oldest blog posts because I really liked them and don't know why I put them on private.
Thank you so much for reading this post! I love and appreciate every single one of my readers. Hope you're all having a great day- I'm going to continue to do some uni stuff and then go out for a walk, since the weather is absolutely glorious today. What are you going to do today?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten