woensdag 24 juli 2013

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque


I’ve always, always been a huge lover of facemask. Ever since I was about 12/13, I used to buy those €1 satchel masks you find in almost every drugstore, and I still love treating my skin once a week. I’ve always been more drawn in to cleansing masks because I suffered from bad acne and oily skin, and I still get some blemishes every no wand then so it’s essential for me to just get rid of all the bad stuff that’s clogging my pores (gross, I know).  So last month, I made a little Kiehl’s order and got this clay mask along with some other products. I had never really tried Kiehl’s skincare before, so I was really curious to how the products, and especially this face mask would perform.

The Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque claims to help eliminate surface impurities and toxins you get exposed to during the day from the skin, making your skin looking fresh and clear and minimizing the appearance of pores. It contains amazonian white clay which helps to purify the skin and it also contains oatmeal and aloe vera, which are two ingredients that help to calm the skin down and prevent redness.
The mask smells really fresh and ‘clay-y’, but it doesn’t have a really noticable or predominant scent to it. It’s white, which is unusual to me because most of the clay masks I’ve tried out are either black or green.
Upon application, the mask feels really cooling on the skin. You only really need the tiniest amount, and seeing as the tub is really, really big it’s great value for money as it will last you a long time. It feels really light on the skin, much lighter than for example the Origins Clear Improvement clay mask which feels really heavy on the skin and can feel quite stingy. The Kiehl’s mask doesn’t feel stingy at all, in fact it actually feels really soothing. It takes about 5 minutes to dry up, but it doesn’t really get ‘hard’, if you know what I mean. A lot of face masks give that tight, craquelé-ish feeling to the skin which can make you feel quite uncomfortable and unable to smile without feeling like you just injected botox in your entire face- this one doesn’t.
After about 15 minutes I rinse it off using tapid water. Since it doesn’t dry up really hard I find it really easy to remove and it doesn’t really stick to the skin. After use, I find that my skin looks so much brighter and clearer and my pores really do look minimised. It might just be placebo-effect, but I do really think that this face mask lives up to what it claims to do and I’ve been reaching for it every time I want to give my skin a little bit of a detox.
It’s not as ‘hardcore’ as some other face masks I’ve tried like the aforementioned Origins Clear Improvement mask. The ingredients aren’t as hars hand I do find that the Origins one gives my face a deeper cleanse, but on sensitive skin days or days where I just want to cleanse my skin without being really harsh, I use this one.

I really, really love this Kiehl’s face mask and I would love to try more of their skincare products. As I said, I also purchased their Ultra Facial range which I’ve been really loving as well so I’m planning on reviewing those products after I’ve been trying them out for a little bit longer. Have you tried this face mask? Have you tried any other Kiehl’s products, any suggestions for me?

1 opmerking:

  1. I saw they opened up a new Kiehls store on toison dor.
    Super excited to heck it out!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen