maandag 17 juni 2013

Three... Very, Very Light Bases


So here’s to me proclaiming my love for light bases… again. I’ve you’ve been reading my blog for a while, I think you know that I prefer using a light base and then cover up my imperfections using a high coverage concealer. Because I’m such a beauty addict, I differentiate light and light light bases. I like to call the latter ‘really, really, really, really good skin day’ bases. For when you’ve been eating right and exercising a lot lately, or your very expensive but really good quality skincare regimen has been paying off, or you’re just very lucky. Or all three. So these are the products I like to use on those days.

Origins VitaZing Energy-boosting moisturiser sheer tint release SPF 15
Category? Smoothing, moisturising and evens out skintone. No coverage AT ALL.
Best for? Dehydrated gals who suffer from complexion perfection (lucky you) and are quite happy with their skin as it is.
This is quite hard to put your finger on. Personally, I think it sits between a normal daytime moisturiser and a tinted moisturiser. The product looks like a normal daycream when you put it on your hand, but as soon as you start to blend it into the skin the colour changes and ‘adapts’ to your own skintone. This transforms your complexion from pale and grey to healthy and radiant and gives your skin that glow we all desire. Alas, it has no coverage at all, so if you’re like me and want to use a light base but still want to cover up some imperfections, you can just use a high coverage concealer to create the illusion of perfect looking skin.

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20
Category? Moisturising, for those of us who want a decent SPF in their makeup. Covers up minor imperfections and evens out skintone.
Best for? Those among us who suffer from oily skin (*raises hand*) and want a little bit of coverage without feeling like they have paint smeared all over their faces.
My entire blog is basically a huge ode tot his, since it was featured in so many of my posts already (click here if you want to read another ‘Three…’ post it has been featured in). Perfect for if you’re in a hurry or/and want a lil’ bit of coverage whilst still looking au naturelle. This is just the perfect tinted moisturiser and I don’t think I could love it more if I tried. I don’t think there’s much else to say about this. Even if you’re not a fan of tinted moisturisers and are used to using heavy coverage foundations, this is the perfect product to start experimenting with them.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation
Category? All of the above combined, plus an extra intense injection of radiance and just general dewy goodness.
Best for? Dryer skinned ladies with lacklustre skin which can use a boost.
Okay, so the only fond the teint of choice does also have some hydrating properties, which you can never really go wrong with- even if you have oily skin. This foundation doesn’t have much coverage at all, and I would even go as far as saying that it has a little bit less coverage than the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser. I would recommend using this with a primer and a setting powder if you have oily skin. This is basically radiance in a bottle and possibly even my favourite pick out of all three.

So ironically, my skin hasn’t been looking and feeling its prettiest for the past week or so. Read: congested, lack of radiance and a couple of chocolate-induces pesky under-the-skin spots. Pass me the green tea and Estée Lauder Double Wear. please. I jest, I jest. But I do need to kick my chocolate addiction. I kid, like that’s ever going to happen…

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I can only dream of a day I can use these! I usually go for light bases & loads of concealer haha but I don't think my skin is anywhere good enough for a light light base. On my 'really good skin days' I only apply primer & concealer as a base but I've had none of those days recently :( maybe one day I'll be able to use one from this post! Xox

    www.thestylekhaleesi.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. These posts are always bookmarked for the future when my skin finally clears up! I love the feeling of light bases but the coverage that comes with just aren't enough for me! The Origins one sounds amazing! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen