zondag 30 juni 2013

An Update #4



001. I’m currently sitting in the sofa with a facemask on, finishing my cup of tea and smelling my freshly washed hair- Toni & Guy is where it’s at, review coming soon! This week has been really really busy, and I’ve finally 
made an attempt to sort my life out, starting with the cabonets in my bedroom. I threw away so many of my clothes and sorted out one of my closets which hadn’t been touched in years- really! Opening my closet and realising there are only clothes in there that I really like and actually wear is such a good feeling, even though it kind of hurts throwing out old clothes that have so many memories to them. But oh well, it really had to be done and my mind feels so much clearer because of it. I also bought some new, fresh bedding from Ikea and sorted out my books/school stuff cabinet, which now looks so much more organised and pleasurable to open. I do love me a bit of organising.

002. I had a bit of a revelation this week in terms of school and my future. If you have been reading this blog for a while, you may or may not know that I was studying Psychology but decided to drop out in January. Since then, I always thought that Journalism was where it’s at, but the past couple of months it just didn’t feel right. Whenever I thought of going to study Journalism coming September, I got this strange feeling that I can’t really explain, but I thought that were just nerves and it was normal to feel that way. On Friday, however, one of my best friends took me and another friend of her to my old uni for some presentations, and I suddenly missed it so much. My old uni was in Holland, and the schools there are just so much nicer than in Belgium. The people are friendlier and more spontaneous, and it’s a really international school with lots of different people, making it really interesting. The lecturers are so nice and the atmosphere there is just SO much nicer than in Belgian unis. When I got home, I was browsing their website for an overview of all the courses they had there, and I suddenly saw a course called ‘Health Sciences’ which seemed right up my street and I immediately knew this was what I wanted. I’m not quite sure if this is what I’m going to do coming September, but it sure feels more right than Journalism, which just doesn’t seem right for me one way or another. And if I really want to become a journalist, I can always follow an adult education course in it! I’m so happy I finally came across something that will probably suit me, and I’m also really grateful for having kind of a gap year. I have reflected so much about my past and especially my future, and it has helped me so much. I really hope I’m going to be making the right decision. I have always told my mom that my biggest goal in life was having a job I actually thoroughly enjoy and be passionate about, and I really hope I will achieve this goal in the next couple of weeks!

003. I don’t really have anything else to tell you right now. I haven’t been blogging that much in the past week because I just didn’t feel like it and I’ve been so busy, so I really hope normal blogging can resume this week! (Even though I’m not that much of a regular blogger, but sssht). I've been reading a lot these past two weeks, and I've finished The Fault In Our Stars in under 24 hours because it was just so amazing! I'm currently reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower (finally!) and have composed a reading list full of books I've yet to read. Any recommendations, throw them my way! 

004. Oh yeah, as you probably may know already, Google reader is disappearing tomorrow, so feel free to follow my blog on Bloglovin’!



1 opmerking: