maandag 27 mei 2013

Nuxe Ecran Prodigieux High-Protection Screen SPF 30


I’m one of those girls who is terrified of aging by sun damage, which is why I always make sure to use an SPF underneath my makeup on sunny days where I know I’m going to be out a lot. I’m a really pale girl, but I don’t get sunburned that easily; I just tan straight away, which I like. I’m not really a fan of laying in the sun all day, but I do like to catch a little bit of sun on my limbs, just for an extra dose of vitamin D. I do, however, always make sure to apply sunscreen on my face. I don’t really mind if my face is a little bit paler than my body, because I do wear makeup most days anyway. When I went on holiday last year, I used an SPF50 every single day, but on the last day I decided to let my face breathe a little, and I also wanted it to have a bit of colour. Result: burned forehead and nose. Don’t make the same mistake as I did, kids.

I’ve been using the Nuxe Ecran Prodiqieux sunscreen for a couple of months now, and I really like it. Nuxe is one of my favourite brands, so this product really didn’t disappoint. Nuxe claim that it’s a ‘high protection screen SPF30, 365-day use, ultra fluid care for all skin types, even sensitive skin’. It protects from both UVA and UVB rays, whilst also protecting against pollution.
I don’t use an SPF when I know I’m just going to sit inside all day, so the 365-day use isn’t really applicable to me. The sunscreen feels really lightweight and comes out as a watery substance, which is quite unique, since I find most sunscreen really thick and hard to blend into the skin. Since it’s so watery, you do need to shake it a little before you put some product on your hands and it’s likely you’ll use too much of it- which is good, in this case. You can never overdo the sunscreen!
Even though it claims to suit even sensitive skin, I do find that it has quite a strong smell. I looked up the ingredients and it does have perfume in it, so it might not be suitable for very sensitive skins.
I apply this over my usual daytime moisturiser and work i tinto the skin using my fingertips. It melts into the skin really easily, and the lightweight formula means it feel snot too heavy on my skin, which can be oily sometimes. I never ever got a single burn whilst wearing this sunscreen, so it does provide decent enough protection, although I do suggest looking into a higher SPF if you’ve got really, really pale skin and burn easily. It does make me look a little bit shiny though, and even though I like my face to look dewy and fresh, this might not be for you if you prefer a more matte look.

Overall I really like this sunscreen, but I’m not sure if I would repurchase. This is purely because I’m a beauty junkie and am obsessed with trying out new products and finding the one ‘holy grail’. Do you have any sunscreen recommendations?


INGREDIENTS (via the Official Nuxe website): AQUA/WATER, DIMETHICONE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE, LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE, ALCOHOL DENAT., BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIETHYLHEXYL BUTAMIDO TRIAZONE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, OCTYLDODECANOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, GLUCONOLACTONE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM BENZOATE, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) FLOWER EXTRACT, PHYTIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) LEAF CELL EXTRACT, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) SEEDCAKE EXTRACT, CALCIUM GLUCONATE, XANTHAN GUM [N1020/A]

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten