zaterdag 13 april 2013

The Spring Make-Up




When I was reading the beauty sections in different magazines last week, I stumbled across a trend for spring/summer that I immediately loved; a thin, jet-black line of winged liquid eyeliner paired with bright fuchsia lips and natural skin. Obviously, being the beauty addict that I am, I decided to recreate this look on myself.

For base, I used my newest foundation love; YSL’s Le Teint Touche Eclat. I have wanted this foundation for absolute AGES, and I’m so glad I bought it because it’s everything I wanted and more. Natural coverage yet perfecting, bringing a touch of glow to the skin without being dewy. YSL promises a ‘natural, unique luminescence’, and they couldn’t be more right. Gawd, this one’s a keeper.
To bring even more dimension to the face, I used an old favourite of mine; the Bourjois Délice de poudre Bronzing Powder. This does not only smell amazing, but it also sculpts your cheeks whilst giving just a tiny little hint of shimmer to them, to create even more dimension. This can be a little bit orange however, so keep that in mind.
To define the eyes, I used the new L’Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim. This is also a recent addition to my collection, and I think it’s already become one of my favourite liquid eyeliners, ever. The thin felt tip makes application easier than ever, the colour is a really opaque black and stays on all day. The little applicator makes it easy to just slick on the tiniest line of liquid eyeliner, or you can make it as thick as you possibly want it to be; the choice is yours. I’ll report back on this later.
For mascara, I used the Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume mascara. I ran out of my usual mascara and the other one I still had dried up, so I picked this up and absolutely adore it (also, can you see I did some beauty shopping?!). This makes my lashes super super long, whilst also giving lots and lots of volume, which results in the most beautiful Bambi lashes you’ll have ever sported. Larvely.
Last, but certainly not least, it’s time to put those lips in the spotlight. I used the absolutely gorgeous Estée Lauder Pure Colour Crème Long Lasting Lipstick (… and breathe) in the shade Fuchsia Fever. This is (quite a big) sample I got when I purchased two Estée Lauder products in my local department store, so the actual packaging of these lipsticks is totally different (and much more beautiful…sigh). The product itself is a beautiful, cool toned fuchsia colour which applies beautifully and lasts all day long. The colour reminds me a little bit of MAC Show Orchid, although I don’t own that one- might take a look at it though…

So you may know by now that I’m a bright lipstick lover. Pinks, reds, oranges, corals,… bring it on. They make me happy. What’s your favourite fuchsia lipstick? What do you think of this look?

3 opmerkingen: