maandag 25 maart 2013

Three... Spring Lipsticks

I thought I'd show my face on here for once... Please be gentle, for I'm a really insecure lil' birdie
I am a big lover of the good ol’ bold lip. To me, lipstick can put your whole look together, which is why it’s my favourite beauty product to buy (except for blushers. I do love a good blush). On a day to day basis, I tend to go for more neutral shades just because they’re easy to just throw on and you don’t really have to be careful whilst applying. I do, however, find that I’m more partial to a bold lip as soon as the sun comes out. It just makes me happy.

The first lipstick I’m wearing is a YSL Glossy Stain in number 11, Rouge Gouache. I featured this in my Flawless Face, Bold Lips post and it is still one of my favourite lipsticks, ever. Being a liquid lipstick, I just adore the formula, which is long lasting and easy to apply. It does smell a little bit like paint (cue me smelling a lipstick at 9am trying to describe the scent) and does hurt my lips just a little bit, but after all I really love the colour and the formula so it’s a winner in my eyes. YSL lipsticks are also just gorgeous and I can’t wait to get my hands on another one, being a Glossy Stain or one of their Rouge Volupté lipsticks.
The second lipstick does kind of resemble Rouge Gouache, but it’s not pigmented as much and the formula is a lot less-wearing. I’m talking about the L’Oréal Rouge Caresse lipstick in 202 – Impulsive Fuchsia. Being a cool bright pink, Impulsive Fuchsia is a really nice springtime colour which is much easier to wear than the YSL Glossy Stain. If you want a little pop of colour on your lips without having to worry about lipstick on your teeth, this is the perfect option for you. It feels a little bit like a lipbalm and keeps your lips supple the entire day, which makes it more of a tinted lipbalm. This is perfect for going on a lovely spring adventure!
The last lipstick is a MAC cremesheen lipstick in Ravishing. Ravishing is a lovely neon-ish coral colour which is a great alternative for a nude lip, because it has the perfect pop of colour without being too overwhelming. This is the perfect lipstick to wear with a smokey eye, since it’s not too bold, but also not boring. The cremesheen finish makes it glide on smoothly and your lips feel really moisturised, but it also means that it’s not that long lasting. It’s the perfect summer colour and even though I didn’t really like it when I got it at first, I now wear it almost every day and I have really grown to love it.

So this is my lipstick line-up for the next few months. If the snow and cold ever go away, that is. I can already imagine myself hopping through a nice field of grass, flowers in my hair and my white dress delicately floating around my body… Or maybe that’s just my imagination going crazy because of all the bad weather we’ve been having lately. Oh well. What are your favourite bold lipsticks? Do you like my picks?

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm obsessed with the YSL Glossy Stains I have 2 already and I can definitely see myself buying more, I just wish they weren't so expensive.
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You are so pretty and I really like your blog, I followed you ! Maybe check out my blog sometimes ? It would mean a lot to me (: !
    Have a nice day !

    Charlie xx
    http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. i love your big puppy eyes :))

    xx m

    thisishowwerule.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen