woensdag 6 maart 2013

Spring-Ready Nails


I’m a big lover of simplicity. I like to wear really basic clothing, with clean cuts and a nice (preferably oversized) fit. My jewellery is also quite simple; mostly gold pieces that aren’t too much of a fuss. I love wearing a big, oversized necklace over simple clothing. I like the idea of pastel coloured clothing, but whenever I buy a pastel jumper or a pastel jacket, I instantly regret it and end up only wearing it once. This is where nail polish comes in; I never get tired of a pastel nail. These are the ones I love the most.

The first two nail polishes up are part of the Chanel S/S ’13 collection. Emprise is a salmon pastel colour, whilst Fracas is a bright pink. The quality of these polishes isn’t amazing; I find that whatever top- and/or basecoat I use, they still always chip on me after two days of wear. Chanel is known for their innovative colours and their not-so-longevity, so it’s a matter of deciding which of those two qualities you would go for. I do, however, give myself a manicure every 2/3 days anyway so the longevity is not really a problem to me.
The next two nailpolishes are by Essie, which happens to be my favourite nailpolish brand. The formula of Essie is amazing and they last really long on my nails; sometimes even up to a week. The colour range is also pretty decent, and they even have some really good dupes for Chanel polishes. Not only is Essie cheaper, but the formula is also better- double win! Essie Mint Candy Apple is a classic; this pastel green/blue looks good on every skin tone, especially in summer when you’re a little bit tanned. The other polish, Essie Watermelon, is also one of my all time favourite colours. It looks a little bit like Chanel Fracas in this picture, but trust me, it’s completely different. Fracas is very pink, whereas Watermelon really does look as red as a watermelon. It’s the perfect berry shade!

So these are the four nail varnishes I’ll be rocking through all spring and summer. I’m currently coveting a few polishes from the Zoya spring collection, which seem like the perfect pastels my nail polish collection is still lacking. What are your favourite sunny-side-up nailpolishes? 

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Dat blauwe kleurtje van Essie vind ik echt een heerlijk lente kleurtje!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Het is zo prachtig! Fleur je meteen helemaal van op, haha xx

      Verwijderen
  2. Those polishes are absolutely gorgeous, really want a Chanel polish

    A little bit Unique

    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's sad that Chanel polishes chip. I've always heard about how fast they chip x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Such a shame isn't it, the colours and packaging are really nice! xx

      Verwijderen
  4. Gorgeous picks, mint candy apple is one of my all time favourites. I also love Barry M blueberry. I would love to try some Chanel nail polishes but at the moment they are a little to expensive for me :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen