vrijdag 22 februari 2013

The Introduction


Beauty is my passion. It’s something I can get really intrigued by, in which I can emerge myself in for hours and hours; looking through the aisles of a fancy department store, swatching every lipstick in sight and spraying fancy perfumes on my wrist; watching YouTube videos to see what tricks certain people are using to make the best out of their facial features; reading blogs to see which products are currently most coveted in the beauty world, after I find myself lusting over several very expensive lipsticks, the newest skincare items and the best smelling products for having luscious locks. I’ll admit it; I’m a little bit obsessed.
Another –and also, an older- passion of mine is reading and writing. I don’t read as much as I used to anymore –books, that is. With my new found love for reading beauty blogs, I find those keep me more than saturated without having to read hundreds and hundreds of books. This is something that’ll have to change. I want to ignite that dormant spark for reading and loving books that I know is still burning inside of me, only not as heavy and passionate as it used to be. I also want to write more, since it is something I’ve been doing as soon as I learned to read in school. I love writing so much; the playing with words, the arranging of my thoughts on paper- or, in this case, on this blog.
So now you know a little bit more about my passions, you might already know why I have this blog and why it means so much to me; it’s a platform which I can use to combine my most burning passions; the things I love the most in life  (except for my loved ones, that is- priorities!). Beauty, writing and reading, all combined.

So who am I? My name is Charlotte and I’m an 18 year old girl currently residing in Belgium but desiring to live in London or Paris- not that I would be able to leave my loved ones behind. I’m currently taking a gap year after starting out a Psychology course at university just to find out it wasn’t for me. Now I’m working and saving my money to start a beautician course in March which finishes in July, and after that I’m going to uni again to start a journalism course. After all, that’s where my heart was leading me to all these years.

With this blog, I hope to ignite the little spark that I know is burning in those of you that are reading this post right now. I want to convince you all to follow your passions. I want to share my opinion on beauty products, I want to show you a little bit more about my life through beauty. Because it’s something magical. Because it’s something that makes me happy, and I want to make other people happy, too. I really hope you’ll enjoy this blog as much as I love writing it. Feel free to leave a comment, to e-mail me, to tweet me or whatever tickles your fancy; I love interacting with people (even though I’m probably the shyest and most insecure person you’ll ever meet) and I would love to meet some new people through this blog, but most importantly, through our passions and interests.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten